Saturday 14 April 2018

UPBNSF JD Ops session - 14/4/18

Yesterday afternoon I held the scheduled 2 monthly operations session on the UPBNSF Joint Division. There were 16 starters for the session.


Ops session Gang. Missing Duncan Cabassi (taking photo) and Jeff Grenfell, (running late)
The session commenced at 2:30pm with the official opening of the Rogers Run branch line. A small opening ceremony was held, with the official cutting of the SIGN by no other than ROGER. In recognition of this momentous occassion , the UPBNSF JD management had a directors special available for the first run out to the PGE power plant and back.

Looking at PGE Loop
Looking back at Boardman North


None other than ..."ROGER"

























Upon completion of official ceremonies, the pre-start was held and then we proceeded to get into the operations session. We ran 22 trains for the session and considering that some of these trains take 2 hrs to complete that was no mean feat!! Just ask Steve O and John B how long the Millwood turn takes!!!

It was great to see Merv Bagnall run the first revenue train on the Rogers Run branch. Merv and I go back 35+ years and it was without question that he would get to engineer the first revenue train across the branch line.









Operations ran from 3:00pm to 6:30pm where we stopped for Pizza. Some said their good byes for the night and a few guys stayed on to do another hr of ops.

The night wasn't without a couple of issues. The premier train on the layout, the UP Potash train had multiple (and I mean multiple) uncoupling issues and the engines, all equipped with sound decided to play up going up the spiral. Considering this is the most expensive train on the layout in real dollars ...yours truly is not happy!!!! I've been onto the manufacturer of the potash cars regarding the uncoupling issue previously but to date have not had any success in remedying the problem. They are MT 1015's and the reliability on this freight car is abysmal.

I also had a similar issue with a unit grain train. On this occasion I just think the weight of the grain train cars is just way to light, so I'll try and address that issue over the coming days.

All in all outside of those frustrations, the ops session went pretty smoothly. Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves and the effort put into the paperwork side of administering the ops session is starting to pay off.

Photos below of Ops session.


Yardley
BNSFMWB entering Yardley











Jeff (Yardmaster) working out his moves for the next train. T2 (Far end) is performing the switching

Cheney being switched by Alan

Cheney










Anthony and Iain watching UPMEB
negotiate hangman curve

BNSFMWB passing Tyson meat
at Wallula East


Anthony and Darren working the
UPMEB at Wallula




Anthony and Darren working the 
UPMEB at Boardman


Steve and Wayne switching
Boardman Industries



                                                         
King Laurie (Dispatcher extraordinaire)



And then there is the paperwork!
Your truly giving the pre start speech

 Thanks to all the participants. looking forward to the next ops in June.



4 comments:

  1. I had the pleasure of visiting your layout as part of the N Scale convention in 2015. Problem was it inspired me to come home and redevelop my layout and operating sessions. I note the photos of the 'paperwork' and that you appear to base it on JMRI Operations with the Manifest Creator over the top. In a future post would you mind covering the paperwork you use?
    Cheers
    Reg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reg, thanks for your kind comments. I think that is a really good idea and I will put something together over the coming weeks.
      I would like to help you out with the JMRI / MC as I've done a significant amount of work interfacing it into my operations, so please if you would like more details perhaps its best to discuss via email. You can contact me at:
      cabass50@gmail.com
      Duncan

      Delete
    2. Hey Duncan,
      I've really enjoyed watching your blog, and thanks so much for sending this to me.
      I'm David standen.david@yahoo.com, and we met at the Sydney Train Exhibition.
      We were showing our Cheakamus Canyon Layout, that we bought up from Melbourne.
      Love your work.👍😃

      Delete
  2. Herpes is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections by the American doctors but the best way to deal with Herpes is by taking natural herbs medicine for permanent treatment.I'm here to appreciate Dr James for using his herbal medicine to cure my herpes virus. Is about 3 years and 6 months now I have been living with this virus inside of me and it have really really been a serious problem to me, I was so confused cause I have been taking several drugs to be cure but all of my effort was in vain, one morning was Surfing through the internet then I saw several testimonies about Dr James curing people from herpes virus / HIV AIDS and Immediately I contacted Dr James on his email: drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com. I told him about my troubles and he told me that I must be cured. He gave me instructions and which I rightly followed, so he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me through UPS SPEED POST, which I used (MORNING AND EVENING) for three weeks and I was cured. everything was like a dream to me and my herpes was permanently gone. Dr James thank you, I don't know if there is anyone out there suffering from herpes virus or any KIND OF diseases LIKE... DIABETES, CANCER,RECTUM EFFECTS, BOWEL OBSTRUCTION, HIV/AIDS, HERPES, HEPATITIS A&B, CARDIAC DISEASES, CHRONIC DISEASES, YELLOW FEVER, EPILEPSY, LUPUS, STROKE, SPINAL CORD, ECZEMA, KIDNEY DISEASES, ACME, BACK PAIN, DENGUE SCHIZOPHRENIA, APOLLO,MULTIPLES SCLEROSIS, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, VAGINAL DISCHARGING, ARTHRITIS, MENINGITIS itchy' contact.Doctor James and be free from your diseases because I am a living testimony, Dr James, is very good and honest herbalist doctor, he is also known as the Great herbal cure master for herbal root. Contact him now via his email: (drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com) (whatsapp or call him on +2348152855846)

    ReplyDelete